Sunday, January 25, 2009

Know Thyself, Fool!

In order to reach your goals, be it strength gains, mass gains, fat reduction, or ear wing-span reduction, you need to know what will work for your body. Here's a quick tip.

Figuring Out What Works

For a few weeks, I've changed the layout of my meals like so:

  • Breafast - Protein, Carbs
  • Mid-Morning and Mid-Afternoon Snacks - Protein, Fats
  • Lunch and Dinner - Protein, Fats
Of course, all meals after my workouts consist of Protein and Carbs. Previous to this, I would consume my meals like so:
    • Breafast - Protein, Fat
    • Mid-Morning and Mid-Afternoon Snacks - Protein, Fats
    • Lunch and Dinner - Protein, Fats

    Again, Protein and Carbs post-workout. The problem with my original layout was that I was extremely hungry for the entire morning (even after the Mid-Morning Snack) and just couldn't seem to eat enough to subside the hunger. Making this small change has helped tremendously in staying focused and not thinking about food all day just because of a simple macronutrient misplacement. 


    Even on non-workout days, I still eat protein
    and carbs because that's what works for me.

    So how did  I get to this point?

    It's very simple. Because Protein and Fats in the morning wasn't working out for me (after a long time of experimenting with this) I knew that something had to change. So I switched gears a bit and it gave good results, therefore, I'll keep going this route until it stops working or I decide to try something else. Like the bug diet:


    Um, no thanks.

    You simply have to experiment until you find what works for you. To get a good start, pick up a copy of Precision Nutrition. No, I don't get any proceeds from it or own stock (I wish), but it'll definitely help to get your nutrition in gear.

    On another note, let's all stop and consider what an American icon Mr. T was. This is why Mr T is Original Gansta. A truckload of gold chains and Daisy Duke shorts. Awwww yeah!






    So what works for your body type?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment